WMS User requirements & tendering
Broekman is a 3PL company and strives to be a fully-fledged logistics partner with a global reach, by creating sustainable value in the supply network with a personal touch. Broekman is specialized in processing and storing complex, heavy or dangerous products and transporting them in the most efficient way.
Broekman wants to select a new WMS for their 4 warehousing locations in the Netherlands and therefore wanted to hire external expertise to support them in this process.
- Set up a project team (IT and business)
- Set up a concept of operation with all required functionalities.
- Set up RFI and RFP documents
- Support the selection process
- Plan and support supplier demo’s, supplier meetings and supplier workshops
- Plan, execute and support reference visits
- Set up a proof of concept
- Define a final overview of required customization
- Set up final budget and business case for final decision making
- Support in final negotiation and set up of contract documents
- Support in implementation preparation
- Structured approach leading to attractive proposals of the candidates (from a longlist of 19 suppliers).
- Clear evaluation of proposals and supplier meetings led to a direct selection of the 3 best potential partners. Based on reference visits and negotiation the final 2 were selected and based on the outcome of the proof of concept the new WMS supplier was selected.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.