WMS User requirements & tendering
Broekman is a 3PL company and strives to be a fully-fledged logistics partner with a global reach, by creating sustainable value in the supply network with a personal touch. Broekman is specialized in processing and storing complex, heavy or dangerous products and transporting them in the most efficient way.
Broekman wants to select a new WMS for their 4 warehousing locations in the Netherlands and therefore wanted to hire external expertise to support them in this process.
- Set up a project team (IT and business)
- Set up a concept of operation with all required functionalities.
- Set up RFI and RFP documents
- Support the selection process
- Plan and support supplier demo’s, supplier meetings and supplier workshops
- Plan, execute and support reference visits
- Set up a proof of concept
- Define a final overview of required customization
- Set up final budget and business case for final decision making
- Support in final negotiation and set up of contract documents
- Support in implementation preparation
- Structured approach leading to attractive proposals of the candidates (from a longlist of 19 suppliers).
- Clear evaluation of proposals and supplier meetings led to a direct selection of the 3 best potential partners. Based on reference visits and negotiation the final 2 were selected and based on the outcome of the proof of concept the new WMS supplier was selected.