Tender support spare parts
DHL was invited by BMW to respond to an RFQ for warehousing and transportation of spare parts to BMW dealers in Belgium.
Requirements of BMW:
- Same day express delivery to dealers in Belgium
- 2 runs per day.
- 10.000 parts to be stocked.
- Cross docking of slow moving parts that have central stock in Germany.
Groenewout was asked to support the DHL team in the tender response.
- Activities done by Groenewout:
- Definition of warehouses processes and timing during the day.
- Development of the warehouse layout.
- FTE calculation.
- Filling of costing model.
Important element was to make a list of assumptions on which the response was based. Many things could be found in the RFQ, but on some critical elements DHL needed to make assumptions. Based on their experience, Groenewout could help in defining these and making realistic assumptions.
- Groenewout added experience on automotive spare parts to the DHL team.
- BMW gave positive feedback to the tender of BMW: “they understand our business and what needs to be done”.
- DHL won the tender.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.