We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Blokker is a large retailing company in the Benelux. They have 1 DC for offline (Geldermalsen) and 1 DC for online (Gouda) and more than 1.000 stores (with different brand names such as Blokker, Marskramer, etc). There main product categories are household, garden furniture, living and cooking.
As a follow up project, after the study phase, Blokker requested Groenewout to perform an outsourcingstender for Garden furniture assortment, Big items, Long tail E-commerce assortment and the overflow of extra stock.
Based on the overview of assortment, number of pallets and outbound orders an RFP document has been set up. The tender process as performed by Groenewout consisted of the following steps:
The tender process as performed by Groenewout consisted of the following steps:
- Request for Information (longlist)
- Development of tender document
- Select shortlist based on set of criteria
- Request for Quotation including Q&A
- Evaluation of proposals, site visits and selection of preferred partner
- Structured approach leading to attractive proposals of the candidates.
- Clear evaluation of proposals led to a direct selection of the best outsourcings partner.
- Clear insight in the costs of the individual flows to take decisions on board level.