Request for proposal Storage Materials and Material Handling suppliers
Blokker is a large retailing company in the Benelux. They have 1 DC for offline (Geldermalsen) and 1 DC for online (Gouda) and more than 1.000 stores (with different brand names such as Blokker, Marskramer, etc). There main product categories are household, garden furniture, living and cooking.
As a follow up project, after the study phase, Blokker requested Groenewout to perform the detailed design phase and to lead the ‘Request for Proposal’ process to select the Storage Materials and Material Handling suppliers.
Based on the study together with the Blokker project team we have set up a detailed design, which was used for the RFP process. The tender process as performed by Groenewout consisted of the following steps:
- Request for Information (longlist)
- Development of tender document
- Select shortlist based on set of criteria
- Request for Quotation including Q&A
- Evaluation of proposals, reference visits and selection of preferred partner
- Well thought detailed design for the future layout of the Omni Channel DC.
- Structured approach leading to attractive proposals of the candidates.
- Clear evaluation of proposals led to a direct selection of the best supplier.
- Best supplier and best price for purchasing the Storage Materials and Material Handling.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.