Project Management & Engineering Support
CEVA is one of the world’s leading LSP’s, in freight forwarding, contract logistics, transportation management and distribution management. A non-listed company. CEVA employ more than 51,000 people and run a global network with facilities in more than 170 countries. The combined revenues in fiscal year 2011 were €6.9 billion
At the end of the lease period of their Maastricht multi client warehouse CEVA decided to move to a new state of the art warehouse in Born. CEVA requested project management and engineering support for this project.
- A project plan was made including deliverables, MS project schedule and project budget overall and for and with the workstreams.
- The project execution was managed through Progress reporting on schedule and budget.
- Temporary (IT) solutions were set in place to allow for implementing a new client before the move was started.
- To be processes were designed and documented and implemented in the new IT systems.
- The lay-out design was detailed out.
- Move planning process was set-up and managed
- Seamless start-up in the new facility, no interruptions in the services to the clients.
- Facility handover from landlord to CEVA properly and formally documented.
- Flexible lay-out design to support now and future multi client requirements.
- Upgrade to new WMS.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.