Coolmark BV is the largest refrigeration wholesaler and air conditioning distributor in the Netherlands. Their product range contains approx. 19 000 articles. Coolmark is part of the Beijer Ref. Group.
After completing the redesign study for Beijer Ref., Coolmark requested Groenewout to lead the RFQ process to tender their current outsourced warehouse & distribution operation.
Groenewout’s support consisted of the following elements:
- Analyze current flows, processes and data
- Set up RFI document and long list 3PL’s
- Set up of RFQ document and tariff sheet
- Short list 3PL’s based on RFQ response
- Site visits to shortlisted 3PL’s
- Support in evaluation (matrix) for final 3PL selection
- Timely management of tender: performing RFI’s, RFP’s, contact with 3PL’s and site visit
- Standardized approach and coordination in all phases and with all 3PL’s
- Standardized tariff sheet for warehousing & distribution activities
- Standardized supplier evaluation based on quantitative and qualitative parameters
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.