New European Distribution Center
Hollister is dedicated to delivering products and services in Ostomy Care and Continence Care in all parts of the world. The corporate headquarters in based in the United States.
The European market has always been serviced from a European Distribution Centre in Germany. Hollister decided to move the European Distribution Centre to the south of the Netherlands, as this would save costs.
- Selecting a project developer and site for the Distribution Centre
- Feasibility study and final design
- Tendering for the best supplier
- Setting up a contract with selected supplier
- Realization support and project management regarding the building and the internal warehouse.
- With a pro-active focus on the tight planning start design to go-life European Distribution Centre was possible within short timeline.
- Overall project management allowed for seamless coordination among all contractors; including key-equipment suppliers.
- All expertise needed for the project in one hand.
Click here for the interview “Groenewout manages the creation of new European Distribution Centre for Hollister” with Mr Hugh Berry, European Logistics Manager, Hollister by Tjaart Theron.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.