Lay-out facility assessment new DC production room Gorinchem
Domino’s Pizza one of the fastest growing franchise organization in pizza delivery in the Netherlands. In order to support their shops in the next years they decided to develop a new facility with a distribution center of 2,500m2 and the NL-office of 1,300m2.
Domino’s Pizza had selected the project developer. In November 2008 they requested us to co-design the facility, with a focus on the functionality and capacity of the production and Cold-storage for pizza ingredients.
The project was executed step by step:
- determine business requirements and goods flows
- design most cost efficient solution
- lead tender & contracting, pallet- and shelf-racking, cold rooms, freezer room, dough production area, conveyor and floor coating.
- supporting realization management: expert’s supervising contracted parties, supporting overall project manager
Go-live date was November 2009.
The customer management appreciated mostly:
- Pro-active and hands-on attitude
- Control on quality
- Objective and challenging as project partner.
The proposed project budget and timelines were honored at all stages.
Click here for the interview “Domino’s Pizza is ready to open new stores” with mr. Richard de Gruijter, CFO Europe Operations of Domino’s Pizza by Marcel te Lindert.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.