We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Implementation support with focus on process/solution design
DHL is part of the world’s leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain. DHL Supply Chain is a Logistics Service Provider operating worldwide and is specialized in warehousing and distribution solutions, Value Added Services (VAS) and transportation. For the DHL Supply Chain Bornem location a new food client needed to be implemented.
Groenewout was asked to support DHL’s implementation team in the area of a detailed definition of logistics processes and logistics engineering.
Groenewout assisted DHL Supply Chain in the following area’s:
- Attend process workshops
- Determine location heights of the racking
- Positioning workplaces, communication area, exception handling areas, MHE parking, packing material
- Determine capacity staging area and design the staging lanes
- Create location identification methodology
- Determine stacking requirements for pick area
- Add results of above activities to Nedcon drawings
Groenewout was able to help DHL because of :
- In depth knowledge of logistics operations
- Knowledge of DHL in-house logistics model ABACUS
- Groenewout broad experience with implementations of logistics processes