We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Feasibility study warehouse / distribution
Coroos is a Dutch family business, in operation since 1957. Core competence is the preservation of fruits, vegetables and pulses. Products are distributed through the supermarkets of European retail partners.
To cope with expected future growth Coroos wanted to know how to increase storage capacity and warehouse efficiency at their production site in Kapelle in combination with the effects on the distribution model which also included their site in Geldermalsen.
The feasibility study included the following elements:
- Analyze current flows, processes and data;
- Set up several new (mechanized) logistic concepts incl. layout, capex and opex;
- Decide on final concept and set up a new layout and needed m2 for a new facility;
- Set up several financial scenarios (lease vs purchase), investment planning and what if’s;
- Analyzing current flows and numbers gave Coroos a huge insight in their own warehouse and distribution operation;
- Coroos already implemented a proposed optimized storage concept within the existing facility during the feasibility study;
- Based on several scenarios, what if’s and cashflow overviews Coroos had all information available to make the right decision;
- Coroos has a concrete m2 calculation for their future DC incl growth scenarios;