European distribution network assessment
Horizon employs nearly 700 people and sells products in more than 50 countries around the world. Corporate headquarters, along with the main distribution facility and product service center, are located in Champaign, Illinois. European distribution centers are located in Harlow, England and Elmshorn, Germany.
Due to an on-going significant sales growth, Horizon Hobby had to develop a (re-)newed European logistics strategy:
- optimal number and locations of their European warehouses
- opening new sales offices in Europe
- new sourcing strategy for finished goods & spare parts with Asian and North-American manufacturers.
Groenewout conducted a fast track assessment of the European distribution footprint to evaluate how to facilitate the future sales volumes and distributor strategy.
- Validated distribution strategy on the number and locations of the European warehouses from current date to 2015
- Calculated estimations on operational logistics costs, through distribution network modeling
- Financial validation for new distributor strategy on logistics costs.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.