Distribution network study
Accell Group N.V. focuses internationally on the mid-range and higher segments of the market for bicycles and bicycle parts and accessories. In Europe, Accell Group is market leader in the bicycle market measured in turnover. Accell Group’s best known brands are Haibike (Germany), Winora (Germany), Batavus (Netherlands), Sparta (Netherlands), Koga (Netherlands), Lapierre (France), Ghost (Germany), Raleigh and Diamondback (UK, US, Canada), Tunturi (Finland), Atala (Italy), Loekie (Netherlands) and XLC (international).
Groenewout was asked to develop a new distribution network direction for Accell’s part & accessories division in Europe. This concerned 11 warehouses with circa 1.4 mio. shipments per year.
Three key milestones have been defined for this project:
- A Basic Data Document (BDD) , capturing the AS-IS logistics volumes , – costs and the Marketing & Sales (M&S) business requirements.
- An overview of the most feasible distribution strategies, both on footprint as on route-to-market strategy.
- Specified financial business case.
- Recommendation on the strategic direction of Accell’s distribution structure in Europe (footprint).
- Product portfolio analysis to determine the impact on inventory levels throughout the supply chain.
- Design of the organizational set-up supporting the logistics strategy.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.