We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Assessment future distribution network online & offline
Blokker is a large retailing company in the Benelux. They have 1 DC for offline (Geldermalsen) and 1 DC for online (Gouda) and more than 1.000 stores (with different brand names such as Blokker, Marskramer, etc). There main product categories are household, garden furniture, living and cooking.
Blokker wanted to perform an assessment on their future distribution network for both online and offline. Upgrade of the current locations, outsource online and combine the 2 operations in one location were potential options requested to be analyzed by Groenewout.
Based on future growth plans, assortment rationalization and the current layout of the offline DC Groenewout developed a new logistic concept to integrate the online operation and the offline operation in Geldermalsen.
- Combined picking of online / offline
- Combined stock for online / offline
- Implementing a Shipping buffer
- Implementing sorting cabinets for online
- Implementing automated sorting of packages for online
- Et ceteras.
- New future proof logistic concept for both online and offline.
- Better usage of existing DC’s
- Reduce significant costs