We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Warehouse expansion construction
Stryker European Supply Chain Services operates its Distribution Center in Venlo. Stryker is a fast growing medical device company, based in the USA.
Stryker has outgrown the facility that was constructed in 2010 and assigned Groenewout to manage the design & realization of a 10.000 m² of warehouse expansion.
In parallel Groenewout designed an advanced automated goods-to-person system to be fitted in the new warehouse.
Groenewout managed the various phases/aspects of the project
- Architectural & technical design
- BREEAM certification
- Building permit
- Tendering & contracting main parties
- Hand-over & commissioning
Some technical specifications are different from regular warehouses, e.g. dock doors, waste area and HVAC systems.
- Stryker preferred to have one party be accountable for the whole project, to ensure an integrated design and efficient project communication
- The project was completed in time and within budget.