We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Upgrade of material handling equipment
Teva is a global leader in generic pharmaceuticals. Teva Pharmachemie in Haarlem, develops, produces, packs and distributes oncology injectables and dry powder inhalation products.
Teva has an automatic crane warehouse for pallets and for totes. Transports to and from the pallet warehouse are done with AGV’s. All systems are 15 years old. Teva was asking for support to answer following questions:
- Retrofit, new or replace by manual solution?
- Can we combine this with lay-out improvements?
Data analysis was done to define the required capacity. Various options were analyzed and various business cases were made.
After some discussion it was decided to replace the old AGV’s by new ones (including some improvements) and to do a retrofit on the cranes.
Several User Requirements Specification documents were made to ask quotations from suppliers.
- Input (investment, OPEX, pros and cons) to make the best decisions.
- Quick response to ideas and questions of management.
- Data analysis to define required capacities, based on complex data structures.