Transport cost model
Trespa International BV is a world leader in development, manufacture and supply of high quality panels for exterior cladding, decorative facades and interior surfaces.
Panels are transported from the factory in Weert across Europe and further. Transportation is an important cost factor. Trespa wants to make transport costs more transparant and wants to identify potential cost savings.
Groenewout developed a tool in MS Access, that was filled with historical shipment and cost information for 3 years.
The tool has two main sections:
- Queries on historical data, for example truck fill rates, difference in costs between various modalities, number of full and broken pallets.
- Calculating the cost impact of opportunities, for example one delivery per two weeks instead of one per week, surcharge for broken pallets, combining small ship-to’s into one big delivery, comparing transport rates from different carriers
The tool is handed over to Trespa and can be kept up-to-date with new shipment and cost data.
- Powerful, customized tool, developed by logistics experts
- Easy to keep up-to-date: standard SAP downloads can be imported
- Insight in transport costs and differences between countries / customers
- Identification and quantification of cost saving opportunities
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.