Tracking & tracing system compliant with GFL
Akzo Nobel Salt is one of the world’s leading salt specialists, supplying high-quality products for all applications. Akzo Nobel Salt is an independent business unit. Products are found in Food-processing, consumer, agriculture, de-icing, pharmaceuticals and other industries.
As from January 1, 2005, the BU Salt is obliged to have the ability to track & trace products for food and consumer-products. According to the General Food Law (GFL) one must be able to define the origin of the products, related production-dates and customers in order to withdraw products from the markets in a decent and adequate way in case of any emergencies regarding the safety of the delivered goods.
Project Management for design and implementation of Tracking & Tracing system to comply with GFL, covering the following aspects:
- Identification of handling units with barcode-labels
- Unit identification by scanning (RF-terminals)
- Procedures for physical registration and identification of goods
- Registration of T&T Information & Reporting (internally and to authorities).
- Compliance with General Food Law
- Unique identification of units-pallets
- Use of standard EAN128/SSCC labels
- Optimization of internal supply chain processes by use of “Automatic Identification” (RF & Barcode Scanning)
- Optimized reporting capabilities, quick reaction to the authorities (reporting within 4 hours), in case of recalls.