We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Tender warehousing & transportation
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agri-business companies with more than 27,000 employees in over 90 countries.
Syngenta Seneffe (BE) is one of the biggest Syngenta sites in the EMEA region for formulation, filling and packaging operations. They produce herbicides and insecticides.
The end products are all produced as liquids of which 80% is in bottles (palletized) and 20% in ISO tanks. The end product is made to order and an estimated 80% is transported to the European market, the remaining 20% is for export.
In a joint team effort Syngenta & Groenewout evaluated the potential outsourcings benefits (warehousing and transport) in 2015. Based upon this business case it was decided to start the tender phase to select the best logistics outsourcing partner for their Seneffe operations. Syngenta asked Groenewout to support the tender project.
The tender process as performed by Groenewout consisted of the following steps:
- Request for Information (longlist)
- Development of tender document
- Select shortlist based on set of criteria
- Request for Quotation including Q&A
- Evaluation of proposals, site visits and selection of preferred partner
- Structured approach leading to attractive proposals of the candidates (from a longlist of 18 suppliers).
- Clear evaluation of proposals led to a direct selection of the best outsourcings partner.