Tender warehousing & transportation

November 13, 2018 1746



Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agri-business companies with more than 27,000 employees in over 90 countries.

Syngenta Seneffe (BE) is one of the biggest Syngenta sites in the EMEA region for formulation, filling and packaging operations. They produce herbicides and insecticides.

The end products are all produced as liquids of which 80% is in bottles (palletized) and 20% in ISO tanks. The end product is made to order and an estimated 80% is transported to the European market, the remaining  20% is for export.


In a joint team effort Syngenta & Groenewout evaluated the potential outsourcings benefits (warehousing and transport) in 2015. Based upon this business case it was decided to start the tender phase to select the best logistics outsourcing partner for their Seneffe operations. Syngenta asked Groenewout to support the tender project.


The tender process as performed by Groenewout consisted of the following steps:

  • Request for Information (longlist)
  • Development of tender document
  • Select shortlist based on set of criteria
  • Request for Quotation including Q&A
  • Evaluation of proposals, site visits and selection of preferred partner



  • Structured approach leading to attractive proposals of the candidates (from a longlist of 18 suppliers).
  • Clear evaluation of proposals led to a direct selection of the best outsourcings partner.


  • Heb jij een installatietechnische of bouwkundige achtergrond in logistiek vastgoed? En wil jij als adviseur meedenk… https://t.co/xb4zjdy3vd 9 hours ago
  • Steeds meer robots-wagens in de logistiek. Logistiek expert Dirk Becks geeft je inzicht in welke factoren bijdragen… https://t.co/WRxiylIiis 4 weeks ago
  • Tarkett creëert efficiënt en duurzaam DC in Waalwijk https://t.co/d2YStYXTJS https://t.co/Cc8vHrw2KW 2 months ago
50 years of experience

Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.

European database

Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.

Network design

Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).

Implementation support

Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.

Extensive knowledge

Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search