Holland Pharma is a wholesale company for food, supplements, body care, natural medicines, related medical products and a wide assortment of organic and gluten free products. NDS is the organization behind the DA drugstores. Holland Pharma and NDS are both daughter companies of the Mosadex Group.
Groenewout had already performed a feasibility study for the 2 operations in 1 location.
As a follow up project, after the feasibility study, Holland Pharma / NDS requested Groenewout to perform the detailed design phase and to lead the ‘Request for Proposal’ process to select the Storage Materials, Material Handling and WMS suppliers.
Based on the study together with the Holland Pharma / NDS project team we set up a detailed design, which was used for the RFP process. The tender process as performed by Groenewout consisted of the following steps:
- Request for Information (longlist);
- Development of tender document;
- Select shortlist based on set of criteria;
- Request for Quotation including Q&A;
- Evaluation of proposals, reference visits and selection of preferred partner.
- Well thought detailed design for the future layout of the combined DC;
- Structured approach leading to attractive proposals of the candidates;
- Clear evaluation of proposals led to a direct selection of the best supplier;
- Best supplier and best price for purchasing the Storage Materials, Material Handling and WMS.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.