We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Support feasibility study new DC
Bunzl Retail & Industry is a wholesale company in packaging material and disposables. Bunzl delivers to Food and Non food companies.
Bunzl has 3 different locations in Arnhem, Duiven and Den Bosch and asked Groenewout to perform a feasibility study to combine those 3 into 1 location, taking into account growth and logistics optimizations.
To define their new layout and logistics concept several steps were taken;
- Analyze current flows, processes and data.
- Set up several new logistic concepts including capex and costs.
- Decide on final concept and set up a new layout and needed m2 for a new facility.
- After this assignment a new assignment was added to look for an existing or new location. We have conducted a market study to advise Bunzl with all relevant options regarding their specific demands.
- Analyzing their current flows and numbers gave them already a huge insight in their own operation and ‘low hanging fruit options’ for optimization, which they can already implement.
- Bunzl has a concrete m2 needed calculation for their future DC incl growth scenarios.
- Bunzl knows the current process and IT bottlenecks.