We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Supply Chain Strategy Project
Janson Bridging is the market leader in management, delivery, (de)installation and rental / sale of (temporary and permanent) modular bridges. Projects within Europe are currently supported from 4 (rapid deployment) stocks in The Netherlands, Germany, England and Italy. Projects outside Europe are supplied centrally from The Netherlands.
Due to strong growth, there was a need to develop a flexible, reliable and efficient supply chain strategy, with particular attention for distribution and the “planning & execution”.
This strategy had to provide concrete answers to, among others, the following questions:
- Are current stock levels optimal and are they stocked at the right locations?
- If not, what is the correct inventory strategy and how should the planning processes be arranged to realize this?
- Through which distribution strategy can the deliveries/projects be most effectively supported, how many stock points are needed, what is their role (central, regional, hub) and what is/are the best location(s)?
- For each of these locations, how much warehouse and site space is required and what is the optimal layout?
- What do the logistical operational processes look like at these locations, with a particular focus on reliability?
- To what extent can the current locations fit into this strategy?
- What are the expected investments, transition costs and operational costs of this new strategy?
- What is the roadmap to implement this strategy?
- Acknowledged logistics quick-wins.
- A validated supply chain strategy business case on investments, transition costs, inventory costs and OPEX.
- What-if assessment on the robustness of the proposed supply chain solutions.
- Roll-out strategy for the global distribution network footprint.