Selecting and implementing new information system
USN-Centuri is the distribution organization of Kwik-fit in the Netherlands and Belgium. It distributes fast moving replacement parts for automobiles directly or through its own outlets. USN-Centuri has a central warehouse and 31 regional distribution centers.
USN and Centuri were separate, independent companies. USN was the central warehouse supplying Centuri and the bigger outlets and customers. Centuri was the regional distribution organization supplying outlets and customers. Both organizations had their own information system. To increase delivery performance and to reduce cost, USN and Centuri integrated their organizations. To support the integrated way of working a new information system was selected and implemented.
- Analysis of all goods and information flows
- Design of optimal logistics concept
- Key solution is support of dynamic assignment of orders to optimal DC, considering stock availability and transportation costs
- Manage selection and implementation of ERP system
- Manage implementation of Transport Planning System.
- Increase of order fulfillment
- Decrease of inventory costs
- Decrease of transportation costs
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.