We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Redesign supply network DC Ede (NL)
PartsPoint is a company specialized in sales and the distribution of automotive parts and accessories. It owns various brands and retail formulas (i.e. Brezan) in this competitive and specialized line of business. The head office and main distribution center of PartsPoint Group are located in Ede, in the Netherlands.
A redesign of the supply network (central DC, depots and shops) required a change in the central DC. Groenewout designed a new concept for small item storage and picking. PartsPoint requested Groenewout also to manage the implementation.
Project management, from design to go-live, entailed:
- Functional specification of storage and processes of small items in vertical lift modules combined with carts and pick/put-to-light technology
- RFP / tender, including contract negotiation
- Implementation management; supervising detailed engineering, mock-ups, WMS processes design, building adaptations (sprinkler, data infrastructure, etc.), test-planning and training
- Ramp-up support until performance of 175 picks per hour was achieved
PartsPoint experienced the added value of having a professional partner for the design and project management from start to finish
- “Ownership” of Groenewout to realize a new concept with high picking performance with multiple suppliers in an existing IT landscape
- Securing potential pitfalls by mock-ups, simulation and profound test protocols
- One-stop-shop: equipment, processes & WMS, building, technical installations
- Project completed with budget and planning