Redesign DC Geldermalsen
Blokker is a large retailing company in the Benelux. They have 1 DC for offline (Geldermalsen) and 1 DC for online (Gouda) and more than 1.000 stores (with different brand names such as Blokker, Marskramer, etc). There main product categories are household, garden furniture, living and cooking.
As a follow up project, after the study and tender phase, Blokker requested Groenewout to lead the implementation phase for the design workstream and to manage the realization of the storage materials and material handling equipment.
Based on the study and tender phase a detailed implementation plan was set up (given a major re-design in a running operation).
The implementation plan consisted of the following elements:
- Phased implementation of storage materials (pallet racking / flowracks / shelves and mezzanine floors);
- Final design of material handling equipment;
- Delivery support of storage materials / MHE;
- Test support;
- Go live support.
- Based on the previous phases the design could be carefully managed and realized;
- Integrated approach of all phases and suppliers;
- Professional implementation project within budget, scope and planning (storage materials and MHE).
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.