BVB-substrates in De Lier, is part of Kekkilä-BVB and produces substrates (growing media) for plants in the professional and retail consumer market.
BVB-substrates needed to implement a new logistics concept in De Lier which improved the storage capacity and storage conditions to meet the seasonal peek and market demand. To allow for the growth a warehouse was designed and realized, which included a conveyor connection with the production area, multi layer storage, shuttle operated drive in racking, reach trucks and loading pit. At the same time a new WMS was implemented.
Due to the seasonal demands only a 4-month time window was available in which the warehouse was built, systems installed and racking erected. Activities executed were:
- Provide the architectural and structural design;
- Manage the permit application;
- Manage tender process and contracting for Building, Logistics and WMS, including PoR- and contract documents;
- Manage review detailed design drawings, construction, implementation and commissioning of building and (IT) systems;
- Set-up and manage testing and support Go-Live.
- Improved storage capacity and storage conditions enabling a further growth of the production location in De Lier;
- Improved process control;
- Minimum impact on the operations;
- Project delivered in time and within budget.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.