Forbo Flooring Systems is a global market player in linoleum, vinyl, textile and flocked floor coverings as well as entrance flooring systems, where it has a market share of over 60%. Forbo Flooring Systems is part of the Swiss Forbo Group and owns 12 manufacturing plants and branches in 32 countries worldwide.
Forbo Flooring wanted to combine processes and activities in a new to build dock warehouse on their site in Assendelft. This project was split up in two stages: write a Program of Requirements that leaves open filling in by the contractor, and give assistance to the Forbo project group during the realization of the project .
- In cooperation with the different experts from Forbo Groenewout wrote a Program of Requirements;
- We assisted Forbo in tendering and contracting;
- Assistance during the realization; input for Forbo on planning, technical and financial issues.
- Knowledge of building and logistics
- Independent experts, with experience outside the Forbo group
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.