Realization consolidation support
Antalis decided to consolidate their operations in the Netherlands, following their acquisition of Map Merchant. We advised Map Merchant in 2007 to do so to take advantage of transport synergies, economy of scale in the warehouse operations and lowering overhead/staff.
In spring 2008 Antalis acquired an option on a plot of land in Almere and planned to go live in the summer of 2009, but they lacked a solid project plan. We proposed an approach for all aspects, except IT.
We have taken the lead in:
- align business volumes and requirements
- conceptual design of warehouse operation
- select project developer / sign contract
- reviewing the detailed buidling design
- tender and installation of logistics equipment
- equipping offices / prepare moving plan
- acceptance of facility
- The building was ready in due time.
Antalis management appreciated mostly:
- Well-founded design of lay out and processes
- Pro-active and hands-on attitude
- Control on quality and timelines
- Objective and challenging as project partner
- The proposed project budget and timelines were honored at all stages.
Click here for the interview “New Distribution Centre creates strategic benefits for Antalis “with Mr. Pim Stolwijk, Director Operations Antalis Netherlands by Tjaart Theron (journalist).