Quick scan – new DC
ERIKS is one of the largest industrial suppliers in the world. ERIKS focusses on high end technology items for the industrial market. ERIKS has several logistic and service centers in the Benelux and Germany.
ERIKS has recently entered a new facility in Ede, where the former locations of Eindhoven, Almelo and Ede are combined (all plastics). ERIKS is facing issues with stock management, productivities and order leadtime. Therefore ERIKS has asked Groenewout to perform a quick scan on processes and lay out to determine quick wins.
To perform the quick scan, to set up the quick wins and to define a new internal layout plan several steps were taken;
- Site visit and interviews in Ede;
- Analyze drawings and data;
- Set up and present a quick wins report;
- Assist the team in implementing the quick wins;
- Set up a new internal layout plan.
- The new layout gave them a better internal flow, more control of the processes and a higher output (both in numbers as in quality);
- To set up an external quick wins report gave them good insights in the real issues and bottlenecks.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.