Over 5% Supply Chain costs reduction through quick-wins
Forbo Flooring is a leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of linoleum and vinyl floor coverings (rolls, tiles and welding rods).
Forbo integrated it’s linoleum and vinyl activities into one Strategic Business Unit, Flooring. Forbo committed itself to realize significant cost savings in the global supply chain of this new Flooring Division.
Groenewout identified quick-wins within the existing Supply Chain concept:
- Consolidation of shipments
- Relocation of inventory
- Coordination of inter-company shuttle transport.
- Subsequently Groenewout analyzed Forbo’s supply chain business processes and identified opportunities for structural improvements and cost savings in Sales Forecasting, Production Planning and Inventory Management.
- 5+% Reduction of supply chain costs to be achieved within 1 year without significant investments
- Outlined future improvements and cost savings in supply chain business processes
- Identified savings potential of consolidation of customer shipments in fine distribution
- Improved control of global supply chain network
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.