Outsourcing strategy for both warehousing and transportation
Haribo needed to organize its supply chain concept to facilitate new developments:
- Increased customer service requirements
- 24-hours economy
- Government regulations (city distribution)
A cost effective supply chain strategy was developed to match these future requirements. The analysis revealed that more of the focus should be placed on an evaluation of insourcing / outsourcing alternatives.
A customized supply chain strategy was developed along with a preliminary implementation plan for the roll-out. The strategy addressed both transportation and warehousing.
- Clear insight into Haribo’s supply chain performance & costs
- Comparison of Haribo’s supply chain performance & costs benchmarked against 3PL market prices and quality performance
- Outsourcing strategy for both warehousing and transportation.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.