Outsourcing strategy for both warehousing and transportation
Haribo needed to organize its supply chain concept to facilitate new developments:
- Increased customer service requirements
- 24-hours economy
- Government regulations (city distribution)
A cost effective supply chain strategy was developed to match these future requirements. The analysis revealed that more of the focus should be placed on an evaluation of insourcing / outsourcing alternatives.
A customized supply chain strategy was developed along with a preliminary implementation plan for the roll-out. The strategy addressed both transportation and warehousing.
- Clear insight into Haribo’s supply chain performance & costs
- Comparison of Haribo’s supply chain performance & costs benchmarked against 3PL market prices and quality performance
- Outsourcing strategy for both warehousing and transportation.