Operate a fully integrated value chain
Dulcinea Farms, Ladera Ranch USA, started in 2003 in the field of fresh produce (melons and tomatoes). They grow, market, and sell their consumer-directed products nationwide. Dulcinea Farms, LLC™ is a wholly owned subsidiary of Syngenta, a world-leading agribusiness.
Dulcinea was starting to operate a fully integrated produce value chain, balancing the quality and volume of field production against the customer demand in the retail shops of fresh produce.
Groenewout designed the new supply chain set-up for the Dulcinea fresh produce model:
- Organizational structure & outline in line with Sales- & Operations planning concepts
- New business processes
- KPI dashboard (Key performance Indicators).
- Plug & play organization, procedures & policies to support the responsive supply chain
- Increased delivery reliability
- Less produce market dumping and –loss