We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Masterplan Supply Chain
Tessenderlo Group is an organization with a worldwide presence that provides solutions for global needs in food, agriculture and water management. The SOP Plant Nutrition segment features the supply of potassium sulfate fertilizers to agricultural end-markets.
Sales & Marketing of SOP Plant Nutrition have recently provided new business requirements to ensure and strengthen their competitive advantage. Groenewout assisted in investigating how these requirements could be met from a supply chain perspective and reviewed its impact on cost and service efficiency.
- Mapping processes, capacities & lead-times of bagging & bulk container stuffing operations.
- Reviewing inventory management policy with the aim to reduce customer lead-times and meeting the new business requirements.
- Model development to simulate To-Be situation.
- Optimization of To-Be situation in 4 jointly defined logistics concepts, based on the new inventory management policy.
- Elaborating business case for preferred logistic scenario:
- Engineering of logistic concept (processes, FTE’s, storage requirements, MHE).
- Calculating required building space and land plot.
- Advice on lead-time reduction based on As-Is vs To-Be bagging planning process.
- Quantification of various logistics concepts to support the decision making process.
- Evaluation of the viable logistics concepts on both quantitative (business case, CAPEX & OPEX) and qualitative (pro’s & con’s) aspects.
- Optimized inventory management policy and corresponding advice on storage & production capacity requirements given business forecast.
- Operational cost calculation for new distribution network.
- Advice on feasibility of printing-on-demand solutions to increase customization of end product.