Baars & Bloemhoff is part of “De Stiho Groep” (DSG) and is a wholesaler for decorative plywood and sheets. Their customers are within the Netherlands and the order fulfillment starts at the Distribution Center in Zaandam from where they manage the distribution themselves.
The new logistics concept resulting from the feasibility study was validated and approved by senior management. This implementation was captured under the project name “BLOEM”. Baars & Bloemhoff requested support for executing this project.
Simultaneously, with the project BLOEM a WMS was implemented. The activities managed for the project BLOEM were:
- Create and monitor integrated planning
- Support on constructional changes on-site
- Support on logistics equipment realization
- Support with internal movements.
- A feasible logistics concept for the next 5 years.
- Optimized logistics layout and picking processes.
- Realization of new lay-out with minimum impact on operations.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.