We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Isero is part of Grafton Group Plc. They are active as a wholesaler in tools, fasteners, hinges and locks and related products.
Grafton acquired Isero’s competitor Polvo, expanding their market coverage and giving exposure to new product segments of the market and a more diversified customer base. The combined business led to a trade increase from 59 to over 113 branches within the Benelux.
Following the merger, the new logistics strategy had to be developed, looking at:
- Economies of scale in warehousing;
- Cooperation in transportation to branches;
- Consolidation of assortment and inventory;
- The product portfolio available in each of the warehouses;
- Implementation of e-commerce.
- A computer simulation model providing decision support on the optimal logistics footprint structure in the Benelux;
- Logistics design of the (existing) warehouse locations within this network, representing their new distribution role;
- Strategic supply chain transition plan, 5-10 years out.