Isero is part of Grafton Group Plc. They are active as a wholesaler in tools, fasteners, hinges and locks and related products.
Grafton acquired Isero’s competitor Polvo, expanding their market coverage and giving exposure to new product segments of the market and a more diversified customer base. The combined business led to a trade increase from 59 to over 113 branches within the Benelux.
Following the merger, the new logistics strategy had to be developed, looking at:
- Economies of scale in warehousing;
- Cooperation in transportation to branches;
- Consolidation of assortment and inventory;
- The product portfolio available in each of the warehouses;
- Implementation of e-commerce.
- A computer simulation model providing decision support on the optimal logistics footprint structure in the Benelux;
- Logistics design of the (existing) warehouse locations within this network, representing their new distribution role;
- Strategic supply chain transition plan, 5-10 years out.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.