Logistics concept new DC
Bunzl Retail & Industry is a wholesale company in packaging material and disposables. Bunzl delivers to Food and Non food companies.
Groenewout executed a feasibility study and supported in the decision to build a new DC instead of renting an existing one. Subsequently, Groenewout was asked to set up a detailed site layout based on the logistics concept to hand this over to the construction company.
To set up the new layout and logistics concept several steps were taken;
- Review of growth scenarios, Opex, Capex, number of needed locations and m2.
- Set up overview of m2 per activity
- Set up drawing of site layout (internal and external)
- Clear hand over of the logistics concept in a detailed drawing to the construction experts.
- Well analyzed and documented future Opex and Capex overview.