Logistics concept new DC
Bunzl Retail & Industry is a wholesale company in packaging material and disposables. Bunzl delivers to Food and Non food companies.
Groenewout executed a feasibility study and supported in the decision to build a new DC instead of renting an existing one. Subsequently, Groenewout was asked to set up a detailed site layout based on the logistics concept to hand this over to the construction company.
To set up the new layout and logistics concept several steps were taken;
- Review of growth scenarios, Opex, Capex, number of needed locations and m2.
- Set up overview of m2 per activity
- Set up drawing of site layout (internal and external)
- Clear hand over of the logistics concept in a detailed drawing to the construction experts.
- Well analyzed and documented future Opex and Capex overview.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.