Lay-out study global distribution product
In Venlo, the Netherlands their global distribution centre (38.000m2) is situated; 51.000 pallets are stored.
Defining improvement opportunities in the lay-out of the warehouse, taking into account an expansion of their existing warehouse, growth expectations, integration of external storage and the presence of hazardous goods.
Groenewout conducted a feasibility study on the optimal warehousing concept.
The deliverable of a thorough analysis of the existing operation, was a basic data document. From this data, three alternatives, ranging in the extent of mechanization especially, were proposed. The preferred alternative included a narrow aisles racking configuration combined with space availability for block storage and a separated part of racking for order picking
- Insight in improvement opportunities of existing operation
- Having the optimal warehouse concept quantified
- Reduction in annual operational costs
- Overview of investments needed
- Project plan for the implementation.