DHL is a Logistic Service Provider specialized in warehousing and distribution, Value Added Services and transport.
For one of the most reputable names in air conditioning and refrigeration manufacturing, DHL received a Request For Quotation (RFQ).
The manufacturer wanted to investigate outsourcing their biggest factory warehouse.
A logistics concept for the warehouse had to be found to make the RFQ.
A thorough analysis of the available information was done. This resulted in an advised concept for the logistics operation, including:
- Total warehouse lay out with a/o wide-aisle pallet racking
- Description of warehouse operation
- Calculations to determine number of FTE, material handling equipment and number of docks.
- Short lead time, the results were delivered within a week.
- The deliverables included all required information for DHL to make a Request For Quotation that meets the expectations of their potential client.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.