Implementation logistics outsourcing partner
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agri-business companies with more than 27,000 employees in over 90 countries. Syngenta Seneffe (BE) is one of the biggest Syngenta sites in the EMEA region for formulation, filling and packaging operations. They produce herbicides and insecticides.
The end products are all produced as liquids of which 80% is in bottles (palletized) and 20% in ISO tanks. The end product is made to order and an estimated 80% is transported to the European market, the remaining 20% is for export.
In a joint team effort Syngenta & Groenewout selected the best outsourcings partner in a tender project in 2016. As the new partner was selected, Syngenta asked Groenewout to support the implementation project.
The implementation project as performed by Groenewout consisted of the following phases:
- Initiate (Planning / Team / Contract / SLA)
- Define (Processes / Procedures / KPI’s)
- Design (IT set up / Operational team set up)
- Prepare (Training / Testing)
- Start up (Hand over business to outsourcings partner / Operational review meetings / Solve issues)
- Well managed and smooth implementation of the outsourcing of warehousing and transportation activities in Syngenta Seneffe.
- Well defined processes, procedures and KPI’s covered in a well documented contract and SLA.
- Defined current, mid term and long term IT integration plan.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.