DHL Exel runs the operation for the Warehousing and Distribution of several suppliers of Healthcare products, at a multi-user site in The Netherlands. For two DHL accounts at this site, the performance of the operation had decreased.
Groenewout was asked to participate in the project team that was installed to support the operation and find structural improvements to increase the quality and the performance. The project team consisted of DHL employees combined with a consultant.
An experienced consultant supported in all subjects concerning warehousing. Issues were gathered to create an overall improvement plan. The issues were taken from the operation, solutions were conducted and implemented in the operation. The consultant supported in:
- Coordination of a wall-to-wall count
- Measuring and reporting of productivities
- Re-design of lay-out and processes
- Creation of warehouse planning tools
- Measuring and reporting of KPI’s
- Implementation of changes in the WMS.
- Support in daily operation
- Improved warehouse and customer service operation
- Successful wall-to-wall count
- Bringing in expertise in the field of warehousing
- Bringing in expertise in creating MS Excel / Access tools.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.