Global Supply Chain Network Study
SPGPrints is a global leader in the textile and graphics printing market. As a total system solutions provider, the company offers a product portfolio that includes screens, lacquers, engraving technology and a broad range of rotary screen and digital printing systems.
As the expert in electroforming, SPGPrints also offers an extensive program of precision metal products.
Due to changing market demands, and company growth Groenewout was asked by SPGPrints to help rethink their global supply chain. The goals of the project were to identify possible savings and to make sure SPGprints will continue to be able to meet their customers expectations in the future.
- Mapping and describing the current supply chain.
- Developed a mathematical model to optimize the allocation of production between existing facilities. This model took into account production costs as well as supply chain costs.
- The model was further expanded to identify the optimal locations to expand existing operations or open new facilities to accommodate future growth.
- A validation of the proposed solutions regarding effects on corporate income tax and import duties.
- The robustness of the solutions was further validated via a number of what-ifs, considering different growth scenarios.
- An optimal allocation of production, resulting in significant savings with respect to production and supply chain costs.
- Detailed quantitative and qualitive comparisons for several different scenarios regarding future expansions.
- A financial business case for the preferred expansion scenario that includes operational costs, effects on tax and duties, and investment costs.
- Validation of current corporate tax rates and import duties.
- An overview of incentive programs for future investments and expansions.
Click here for an interview with SPGPrints (2018) “NETWORK STUDY REVEALS THE IMPORTANCE OF SUPPLY CHAIN AT SPGPRINTS”
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.