Future logistics network footprint
Bredenoord is an independent family-owned company that develops, delivers, maintains and operates rental energy systems. This contains generators, light towers or transformers, including cables, cabinets and fuel supply at the location where their customers need it.
Currently Bredenoord operates depots at Apeldoorn, Ridderkerk (NL), Schopsdorf, Wörnitz and Hamburg (D) and Vejle (DK).
Due to an extensive sales growth and an increasing international rental market, Bredenoord invited Groenewout for a tactical assessment of their future depot – and refurbishment locations in Europe.
Groenewout designed the future logistics network footprint, meeting future sales growth and the commercial ambitions to enter new markets.
- The optimal number of depots and its ideal locations;
- Corresponding logistics operational costs and investments;
- A strategic assessment on risks and opportunities.
- A financial business case on the future logistics network;
- Route-to-market strategy for each of the new sales regions;
- Validation of required investments & transition costs;
- Implementation plan, phasing-in of new depots.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.