We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
From idea to European production start-up in 9 months
VistaPrint is a leading company that provides low-cost printing services and web-enabled design systems. VistaPrint offers its customers the ability to buy printing over the internet. The company is specialized in printing small orders of hundred to two hundred pieces.
Until 2003 the European customers were served from the manufacturing facilities in the USA. The European business is growing rapidly. To decrease the operational costs, VistaPrint decided to build a new production plant in Venlo, The Netherlands. Venlo has a central position in their European market.
Besides realization-management of the new VistaPrint plant, Groenewout also performed a feasibility check for a mechanized transport system of printing plates between the plating machine and the press. This entailed:
- Setting up a functional design specification
- Budget definition with suppliers
- Feasibility check and advice on best solution.
- More insight into the technical and operational specifics of the operation
- Overview of the possibilities of mechanization and process control, the related costs and the expected savings
- Short list of suppliers, graded according to a performed Multi Criteria Analysis
- Plan of approach for implementation, including expected delivery time.