We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Feasibility study racking
Cargill’s facility in Malchin stores finished products, raw materials and semi finished goods related to pectin production.
The site in Malchin has a limited free height of 5 meter and currently all products are stored on the floor. Cargill wants to optimize their storage capacity by installing a racking solution. They want to know; what is the maximum storage capacity of the building, what are the costs of installing a racking solution and if the current floor can meet the stability requirements for a racking solution.
To define a potential racking layout with costs and a stability calculation several steps were taken;
- Analyze current flows and volumes
- Set up several new layout options with pro’s and con’s
- Adjust layout based on operational feedback from Cargill
- Set up final drawing
- Calculate final storage capacity (based on different pallet sizes and heights) and investment costs
- Perform a stability check based on the floor characteristics and the final racking solution
- With the outcome of this study Cargill had a complete picture with the potential storage capacity with a racking solution with a detailed lay out and investments costs.
- They know that the stability calculations doesn’t give any issues.