Feasibility study new DC
Worldpack is a wholesale company in packaging material. Worldpack is part of the Bunzl group.
Worldpack is growing very fast. To be able to cope with this growth they have asked Groenewout to perform a quick scan and a feasibility study for a new DC, taking into account growth and logistics optimizations.
For the quick scan several interviews were held and the logistic operation was carefully examined. Based on the outcome many improvements were listed.
To define their new lay out and logistic concept several steps were taken;
- Analyze current flows, processes and data;
- Set up several new logistic concepts incl. capex and costs;
- Decide on final concept and set up a new lay out and needed m2 for a new facility.
- They could despite their current location, based on the outcome of the quick scan, increase sales without harming the logistic operation.
- Additionally analyzing their current flows and numbers gave them already a huge insight in their own operation.
- Worldpack has a concrete m2 needed calculation for their future DC incl growth scenario’s.
- Worldpack knows the current process and IT bottlenecks.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.