We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Feasibility study logistics concept
Univeg group is a worldwide supplier of fresh produce, active in the fields of fruit & vegetables, convenience goods, flowers & plants, transport & logistics.
Univeg recently opened a new warehouse in Sint-Katelijne-Waver (BE) to run the operations for their clients Ben Fresh and Carrefour. Univeg questioned the warehouse layout, product slotting and both in – & outbound strategy as they felt productivities and utilization rates were poor. Furthermore, Univeg will be expanding their product portfolio by 185% on very short term (3 months). As timing was critical project lead-time had to be limited to 2 weeks, so that Univeg could start their tendering phase without delay.
- Optimization of current pick – & replenishment activities in 3 different temp zones.
- High level review of possible logistics concepts to facilitate product portfolio expansion.
- Advice on feasibility of each concept based on capacity requirements.
- High level analyses of order profiles to improve slotting strategy (make it fit).
- Dynamic model providing a side by side comparison of different logistics concepts based on storage capacity and replenishment activities. Variables included:
- Inventory levels (# days).
- Location sizes.
- Peak factor.
- Dedicated warehouse floor space for other activities.
- Model outcomes included:
- Fit/no fit decision based on storage capacity.
- High level advice on slotting strategy (location sizing) to optimize product availability in pick locations and minimize replenishment activities.
- High level overview of replenishment activities for given time period.