Feasibility study – change to Omni-Channel Logistics
Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is an American manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, make-up, fragrance and hair care products. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through retail channels and e-commerce, and has its headquarters in New York City.
Estée Lauder defined their Masterplans for the near future. One of the main topics was to launch e-commerce business for several European countries.
Question was to develop a robust integrated logistics concept that supports the omni-channel business requirements. This new logistics concept had fit into the overall operations strategy which is a Fast & Agile operating model.
- Business volumes were gathered and analyzed to define current and future growth. Logistics processes and current system capacities were analyzed too.
- During a workshop expected e-commerce services like next day delivery, invoice printing, promo docs, payment options, returns solution, etc. were discussed and how these kind of services could impact current logistics operating model.
- Several growth scenarios (upper & lower bounds, incl. what-ifs) were mapped against needed capacities (AS/RS & PTL).
- Finally lay-out designs and CAPEX estimates were conducted for all scenarios.
- Translation of the business masterplan into logistics masterplan: in-depth omni-channel commerce knowledge and experience was helpful to identify the potential eConsumer needs and the logistical impact.
- Clarification of the capacity gaps in the future and how to solve them.
- Whole study with concrete results was delivered within 6 weeks.
- Providing accurate capital request for ExCo team.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.