Feasibility Study (a.o. Program of Requirements)
Bilfinger ROB is a division of Bilfinger Berger Industrial Services GmbH which is part of Bilfinger Berger SE, a listed German construction company. With about 560 employees Bilfinger ROB offers solutions in the area of piping systems and industrial furnaces for the (petro-)chemical industry and power generation industry.
Bilfinger ROB was situated with their operation on several locations in the Antwerp region. Most building were outdated. This facility set-up was no longer considered to be optimal. Therefore Bilfinger ROB asked Groenewout to set up a business case for a consolidated operation at a new location on the Left Shore in the Antwerp Harbor Area.
Based on input out of a questionnaire and workshops/interviews Groenewout developed the following:
- Program of Requirement for new facility and offices
- Lay-out plans for new location
- Capex and Opex estimates including cash flow effects for current and new situation
- Advice on real estate ownership alternatives.
- Business case conclusions available within a short time frame (lead time 4 weeks)
- PoR and lay-out plans tuned to the future Bilfinger ROB operation.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.