Biobest Group (HQ in Belgium) is a global producer of biological products for pest and disease control (i.e. beneficial insects, mites and bumblebees). Growers can buy Biobest products from their 22+ subsidiaries and 120+ distributors in almost 70 countries.
Biobest Group wanted to expand their distribution center in Belgium in order to meet their business growth. This was a perfect opportunity to initiate a logistics master plan and to determine the optimal warehouse concept.
- Conduct in-depth data analyses and interview sessions in order to understand operational warehouse processes, goods flows, current requirements and business drivers;
- Determine new business requirements in terms of growth figures, new processes and activities;
- Identify MtS and MtO items by a quadrant analysis;
- Build a static simulation model in which several warehouse concepts are investigated in terms of warehouse processes, volumes, FTEs, CAPEX, OPEX, M² and ROI;
- Conduct a multi-criteria analyses to determine the most interesting warehouse concept;
- Elaborate layout scenarios for the selected concept.
- An objective and quantified overview of their current operations and logistical flows;
- Detailed elaboration of several expansion scenarios and corresponding warehouse designs with pros and cons for decision-making at SteerCo/ExCo;
- Warehouse layout for each scenario;
- An implementation roadmap.
50 years of experience
Consulting firm with over 50 years of experience.
Availability of a European logistics database with benchmark figures on transportation and warehouse costs.
Full scope expertise on network design, as well as warehouse design (conceptual layout, logistics - and storage equipment) and logistics building design (engineering and investment calculations).
Ability to support implementation of new logistics concepts (70% of Groenewout revenue is with existing customers in follow-up/implementation projects.
Extensive operational knowledge, hands-on, pragmatic and bottom-up approach.