We are always thinking one step aheadConsulting, Engineering & Optimization in Logistics Networks
How can we help you?
Biobest Group (HQ in Belgium) is a global producer of biological products for pest and disease control (i.e. beneficial insects, mites and bumblebees). Growers can buy Biobest products from their 22+ subsidiaries and 120+ distributors in almost 70 countries.
Biobest Group wanted to expand their distribution center in Belgium in order to meet their business growth. This was a perfect opportunity to initiate a logistics master plan and to determine the optimal warehouse concept.
- Conduct in-depth data analyses and interview sessions in order to understand operational warehouse processes, goods flows, current requirements and business drivers;
- Determine new business requirements in terms of growth figures, new processes and activities;
- Identify MtS and MtO items by a quadrant analysis;
- Build a static simulation model in which several warehouse concepts are investigated in terms of warehouse processes, volumes, FTEs, CAPEX, OPEX, M² and ROI;
- Conduct a multi-criteria analyses to determine the most interesting warehouse concept;
- Elaborate layout scenarios for the selected concept.
- An objective and quantified overview of their current operations and logistical flows;
- Detailed elaboration of several expansion scenarios and corresponding warehouse designs with pros and cons for decision-making at SteerCo/ExCo;
- Warehouse layout for each scenario;
- An implementation roadmap.