Execute a technical and logistic-commercial due diligence
Altera Vastgoed NV is an investment company for real estate properties with a strict sectorial approach. The four sectors the pension funds can participate in are: Residential, commercial shopping, commercial office and commercial logistic. Within the sector commercial logistic the focus lies on distribution centers and small area multi-tennant buildings.
Altera Vastgoed had the intention to buy a distribution center of 20,000 m2 in Breda, The Netherlands. Altera asked Groenewout to execute a technical and logistic-commercial due diligence as part of the input to decide whether it was feasible to acquire this center.
The main points of the study were the quality and look of the concrete building, the quality and capacity of the technical installations and the usefulness of the front area of the building.
Groenewout investigated the technical appearance of building and building related technical installations and the quality of the site and buildings based upon logistic and commercial facts and information:
- Site lay out
- Internal logistic usefulness
- Consequences of having a completely concrete building.
- Based on these investigations Groenewout gave their opinion on the technical and logistics quality level of the object.
- With the opinion of Groenewout on the logistics and technical quality of the real estate object, Altera had a clear assessment of the actual situation
- Clear insight in required repairs to the building
- With the information from Groenewout’s report, Altera was able to make a well-founded decision and decided to buy this large distribution center.